Curry-Cranberry Spinach Salad Recipe
"I sometimes switch up this salad by using dried apricots or pineapple and arugula or other sturdy greens." —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, pine nuts, cranberries and sesame seeds. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 214 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC