Curry Crab Sandwiches
Hearty sandwiches are always a speedy supper solution. This hot and tasty version dresses up plain crabmeat with a blend of seasonings and cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, celery, onion, mustard
- and seasonings. Spread 1/2 cup crab mixture on the bottom of each
- roll. Sprinkle with cheese. Spread butter on cut side of roll tops.
- Broil both halves of sandwiches 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes
- or until cheese is melted and crab mixture is bubbly. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 529 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,102 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a