Notes Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas, "I inherited this coleslaw recipe from my mother. It's a snap to prepare, and the bacon gives it crunch."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place cabbage in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, sugar, salt, curry and pepper. Pour over cabbage and
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Sprinkle with bacon just before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.