To brighten dark midwinter days, Marcy Hall relies on her mouthwatering microwave chicken with its sunny splash of citrus and warm dash of curry. “The thick sauce is also great served over rice.”—March Hall, Visalia, California
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the onion, juices, soy sauce and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn chicken. Cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken; let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curry Citrus Chicken in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curry Citrus Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review