- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place chicken in a microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the onion, juices, soy sauce and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn chicken. Cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken; let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curry Citrus Chicken
Sort By :
"I thought for being microwaved, it turned out very well. I thought the flavors were very good also. A good, quick, inexpensive main dish."
"I did not like the sauce for this. Sorry."
"My family enjoyed this one! I prefer the stove-top method to microwave though."
"I didn't use curry because I didn't have it and it was horriable!"
"I don't care for the texture of microwaved chicken, so I prepared this on the stove-top. The browning of the chicken (3-5 minutes each side) before adding additional ingredients addes to the flavor."