Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, paprika, pepper and ginger; coat chicken pieces. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In the same skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic until tender. Stir in tomatoes, curry and thyme. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 413 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Curry Chicken
"This was easy and tasted good. The chicken was moist. I did use corn mean instead of bread crumbs and jalapenos in place of green pepper."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.