Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; saute for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Combine the flour, bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir into skillet until smooth. Gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and thyme; heat through.
- 3. In another skillet, saute berries in butter until heated through. Serve chicken mixture with rice and berries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup berries equals 522 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries
"I used leftover already cooked chicken. Was very good, but the sweetness of the berries sort of cancelled out the spice of the curry and vice versa."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.