Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; saute for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Combine the flour, bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir into skillet until smooth. Gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and thyme; heat through.
- 3. In another skillet, saute berries in butter until heated through. Serve chicken mixture with rice and berries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup berries equals 522 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.