- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; saute for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine the flour, bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir into skillet until smooth. Gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and thyme; heat through.
- In another skillet, saute berries in butter until heated through. Serve chicken mixture with rice and berries. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries
Sort By :
I used leftover already cooked chicken. Was very good, but the sweetness of the berries sort of cancelled out the spice of the curry and vice versa.