- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add chicken; saute for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine the flour, bouillon, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir into skillet until smooth. Gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and thyme; heat through.
- In another skillet, saute berries in butter until heated through. Serve chicken mixture with rice and berries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries in Country Woman 2012, pJune/July
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Curry Chicken with Mixed Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2014
I used leftover already cooked chicken. Was very good, but the sweetness of the berries sort of cancelled out the spice of the curry and vice versa.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >