Curry Chicken Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- Chopped peanuts and flaked coconut, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, green pepper, shallots, ginger, curry and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the broth, lime juice, sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add sweet potato and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts and coconut and serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth; calculated without peanuts, coconut and rice) equals 317 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.