- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- Chopped peanuts and flaked coconut, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, green pepper, shallots, ginger, curry and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the broth, lime juice, sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add sweet potato and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts and coconut and serve with rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curry Chicken Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"This was a pleasant surprise! By reducing the combined liquids as directed, the flavors were greatly enhanced ! No need to thicken as it was perfect. Topping it off with the coconut & peanuts made it ideal! I added fresh mushrooms since I had them on hand. My family loved the ingredient combination in this easy winning recipe. I know they will be requesting this dish again : )))"
"With a few changes to accommodate our taste this is a great recipe. I used cubed chicken breast, red pepper (because on the first try the green pepper turned grey) 1 Tablespoons of curry powder (because we love curry) 1 14oz can sweet potatoes well rinsed and drained and chopped cilantro in place of the coconut. Before adding the sweet potato and coconut milk I thickened the sauce with 2 teaspoons of cornstarch because I wanted a thicker consistency. Served with short grained ride it was delicious! Thank you."
"Takes a little more effort than most recipes we like, but the results are well worth it! Even better as leftovers the next day."