Curry Chicken Stew Recipe
My Grandma Inky grew up in India and passed down this recipe to my mother, who then passed it down to me. The recipe brings back fond memories of the family gathered around the table, enjoying this delicious meal and catching up on one another's day. I tweaked the ingredients a bit to fit my toddler's taste buds, but it's just as scrumptious as Grandma's own.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 tub Knorr concentrated chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh cilantro and chutney, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place chicken, green pepper and onion in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; pour broth mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly. Cut or shred meat into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. If desired, top with cilantro and chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curry Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >