- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and green pepper in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add apple; cook 2 minutes longer. Combine flour and salt. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the curry, ginger and pepper flakes. Return chicken to saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Soup for Two in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Curry Chicken Soup for Two(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2010
This dish is fabulous! There is so much flavor, and it is perfect on a cold day. Very easy to make and great left over. This is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >