With curry powder and mango chutney, these scrumptious sandwiches offer a twist on traditional chicken salad. The fresh mint leaves and creamy from-scratch dressing make them ideal for a warm night’s dinner or a special lunch. –Robyn Cavallaro, Easton, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for serving. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, carrot, pecans and onion. Stir in the remaining dressing.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla; top with 2/3 cup chicken salad and mint leaves. Roll up. Serve with reserved dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Salad Wraps in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p37
Reviews for Curry Chicken Salad Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review