Curry Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raisins or dried currants
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. Dust chicken with flour. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the chicken in shortening. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute onions, peppers and garlic in drippings for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Return chicken to the pan. Add tomatoes, parsley, thyme, and water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in raisins. Serve over rice; sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.