Curry Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons raisins or dried currants
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. Dust chicken with flour. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the chicken in shortening. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute onions, peppers and garlic in drippings for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Return chicken to the pan. Add tomatoes, parsley, thyme, and water. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is tender. Stir in raisins. Serve over rice; sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 145 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Curry Chicken Dinner
"please tell me you mean the this recipe originated from Mrs. W.L. Bullard and not Curry chicken its self."
"me too... I think I'll make it for the holidays. "
"this sounds very good! I love curry anything!"
"I really like this recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.