Curry Chicken Casserole Recipe
When I've invited a crowd over for the holidays, this is the recipe I reach for. It's a rich, meaty dish that makes plenty and satisfies one and all.—Julia Garnett, Virginia Beach, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 45 min. YIELD:100 servings
- 13 large onions, diced
- 4 medium bunches celery, sliced
- 6 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 9 packages (4 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 13-1/2 cups water
- 12 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 13 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 72 cups cubed cooked chicken (36 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 can (8 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In several large saucepans over medium heat, saute the onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in rice with contents of seasoning packets and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the soup, sour cream and curry powder. Fold in chicken. Spoon into nine greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 100 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 315 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC