When I've invited a crowd over for the holidays, this is the recipe I reach for. It's a rich, meaty dish that makes plenty and satisfies one and all.—Julia Garnett, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 13 large onions, diced
- 4 medium bunches celery, sliced
- 6 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 9 packages (4 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- 13-1/2 cups water
- 12 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 13 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 72 cups cubed cooked chicken (36 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 can (8 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- In several large saucepans over medium heat, saute the onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in rice with contents of seasoning packets and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the soup, sour cream and curry powder. Fold in chicken. Spoon into nine greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 100 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 2000 , p54
Reviews for Curry Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review