Curry Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Combine the Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, curry powder, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Add onion. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with garlic powder; calculated without rice) equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.