Curry Chicken Breasts
This palate-pleasing sauce combines the savory flavors of curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chili sauce, onion, and hot pepper sauce. Prepared on the stovetop, it's ready in no time.Barbara Arbuckle, High Point, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Combine the
- Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, curry powder, garlic salt and hot
- pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Add onion. Reduce the heat; cover
- and simmer for 9-11 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with garlic powder; calculated without rice) equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.