Curry Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, curry and red pepper flakes. Stir in broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry carrots and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in broccoli; cook 2 minutes longer. Add onions; cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 194 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer