“This is a big hit in our home. My 3-year-old son and 1-year-old daughter gobble it up,” says Tracy Simiele from Chardon, Ohio. With its irresistible blend of curry and sweet coconut milk, your family will, too.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the
- chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute
- chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and
- tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice equals 508 calories, 27 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium,