Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curry Chicken(19)
Sort By :
Taste is ok but I will make a few changes next time including:
- remove chicken after it has lost its "pinkness"
- next add tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted
- return cooked chicken to the pan and add coconut milk.
- let simmer for a minute or 2
I paired this dish with coconut rice (coconut milk, basmati rice, and dried unsweetened coconut flakes). Next time I would add fresh pineapple pieces to rice near end of cooking time to add sweetness and freshness without adding sugar. Also topped rice with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime.
I changed it up a little bit because coconut milk is not something I can eat right now. Instead of the coconut milk, I added a tablespoon of coconut flour and 1 cup of half-n-half. The flour still gives it the hint of coconut without me breaking my diet! (Oh and I didn't serve it with the rice, I just put it in a bowl and ate it just as is.)
OMG!!!!! I cooked this recipe last night and I could not put the fork down and honestly I almost ate it all. My boyfriend loved it as well but he stated I should use less Cocunut milk because it leaves an unpleasant after taste. But thank you for sharing this recipe with me because I will cook it at least once a week. I would recommend this recipe to anyone!!!!!!
Stayed with the recipe for the most part but threw in mushrooms, spinach, and went sans tomatoes. One can pretty much add whatever they like.
It was easy to cook, and it came together and thickened nicely for me. I served it over steamed brown rice and got major kudos from my friend who I cooked for. Definitely cooking again - even if it is just for me!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >