Curry Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 jar (8 ounces) chutney
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Toasted bread or assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and curry until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with chutney; sprinkle with pecans and bacon. Serve with bread or crackers. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
3 tablespoons calculated without bread or crackers equals 197 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer