Curry Cheese Spread
I made this creamy spread with my students and it was a big success. It is easy to make and the flavor contrasts make it interesting. Toasty bread slices are the perfect compliment.
Paula Englert, Louisville, Kentucky
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 jar (8 ounces) chutney
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Toasted bread or assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and curry until smooth. Spread in
- an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with chutney; sprinkle with pecans
- and bacon. Serve with bread or crackers. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons calculated without bread or crackers equals 197 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer