Curry-Cheese Potato Bites Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato, if necessary, to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out potato pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 3. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, milk and curry paste. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining Swiss cheese. Return to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Curry-Cheese Potato Bites
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer