Curry-Cheese Potato Bites Recipe
This recipe is a lot of fun to make, plus I get a kick out of telling people the ingredients—green curry paste and coconut milk. It sounds exotic, but the potatoes are actually really easy to make and have a mild curry taste.—Anna Ginsberg, Austin, Texas
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato, if necessary, to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out potato pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 3. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, milk and curry paste. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining Swiss cheese. Return to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 stuffed potato half: 66 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Curry-Cheese Potato Bites
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC