Curry-Cheese Potato Bites Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato, if necessary, to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out potato pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, milk and curry paste. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining Swiss cheese. Return to baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Curry-Cheese Potato Bites in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p12
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curry-Cheese Potato Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review