Curry Cheddar Grill
As a farm wife with three active teenagers, I need recipes that call for common ingredients and that can be put together quickly. I've come to rely on these snappy sandwiches.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 12 slices rye bread
- 12 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, cut into 6 thin slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and
- salt; stir in cabbage. On six slices of bread, layer two slices of
- ham, one slice of cheese and 1/4 cup cabbage mixture; top with
- remaining bread. Butter outsides of each sandwich.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2-3 tablespoons butter. Toast
- sandwiches in batches until bread is lightly browned on both sides,
- adding remaining butter when necessary. Yield: 6 servings.