Curry Carrot-Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute leeks and carrots in butter until leeks are tender. Add potato and curry powder; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- 3. Process in batches in a food processor or blender until pureed. Return to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 108 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.