- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute leeks and carrots in butter until leeks are tender. Add potato and curry powder; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a food processor or blender until pureed. Return to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curry Carrot-Leek Soup in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p8
Reviews for Curry Carrot-Leek Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review