Curry Carrot Dip
The flavors of mustard and curry blend deliciously in this appetizing dip. It's great with an assortment of vegetables.—Louise Weyer, Marietta, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Assorted raw vegetables
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil. Add the carrots, water,
- salt, pepper and curry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook
- for 8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender; cover and process until
- smooth. Add mayonnaise and mustard; mix well. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dip) equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.