Curry-Berry Turkey Salad
This recipe was handed down from my mother. It's nice enough to serve luncheon guests, who always comment on the interesting combination of ingredients.Neva Arthur, New Berlin, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, onion and raisins. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, lime juice, curry, lime
- peel and salt. Pour over turkey mixture; toss gently to coat. Just
- before serving, gently stir in strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 127 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.