Curry & Parmesan Tuna Salad
I absolutely LOVE tuna salad. With this recipe, I brought together all of my favorite things to make the best tuna salad sandwich ever! —Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Spread over two
- slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 346 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.