Curried Zucchini Soup
This soup, a recipe given to me by one of my daughters-in-law, is a special treat when used from the freezer on a cold winter's day. It calls to mind memories of the "zucchini summer" that was— and gives hope of the "zucchini summer" yet to be!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced (about 4 medium)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- simmer until zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. Puree in batches in
- a blender on low speed; return to pan and heat through. Yield: 6-8
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 28 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.