Curried Zucchini Soup Recipe
This soup, a recipe given to me by one of my daughters-in-law, is a special treat when used from the freezer on a cold winter's day. It calls to mind memories of the "zucchini summer" that was— and gives hope of the "zucchini summer" yet to be!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced (about 4 medium)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. Puree in batches in a blender on low speed; return to pan and heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 28 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC