Curried Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced (about 4 medium)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft, about 15 minutes. Puree in batches in a blender on low speed; return to pan and heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Zucchini Soup
Sort By :
"Definitely a keeper. Easy to make, light tasting, a perfect addition to any meal. I took becky66's advice and used my immersion blender and it worked great--no need to remove from Dutch oven. I plan on using this recipe next spring when I harvest my zucchini. I will can it instead of freezing, though. The only recommendation my husband offered was to have some substance to it. So, I will increase the ingredients, then quarter the zucchini, cook, remove some, blend and add the quarters back to soup. A little more work, but should make it even better."
"This is a quick and easy soup that worked great for me when I needed to use up some zucchini I had left in the freezer. I happen to really like curry, and thought the flavor was good. I didn't need to puree the soup since the zucchini was already grated, but I would use an immersion blender if I had to do this - much simpler and less mess. I did substitute some regular yellow onion and chives instead of the green onion, since that is what I had on hand."
"Extremely simple and quick to make. Very very tasty with a bit of grated cheese on top"
"so, so. a little on the thin side."
"I love zucchini!... but apparently not pureed with curry and cayenne pepper."