Curried Walnut Rice Salad
"As a busy wife and mother of eight, I'm always on th look out for tasty and nutritious recipes," shares Rhoda Wenger of Pilot Mountain, North Carolina. "With its mild curry flavor, nutty crunch and veggie garnish, this one easily passed my test!"
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, honey, curry powder, garlic,
- salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Just before serving, stir
- in nuts. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 276 mg sodium,