"As a busy wife and mother of eight, I'm always on th look out for tasty and nutritious recipes," shares Rhoda Wenger of Pilot Mountain, North Carolina. "With its mild curry flavor, nutty crunch and veggie garnish, this one easily passed my test!"
- 1-3/4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, honey, curry powder, garlic, salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Just before serving, stir in nuts. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Curried Walnut Rice Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p50
Reviews for Curried Walnut Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review