Curried Turkey Tacos
In Covington, Kentucky, Peggy Bailey gives a twist to traditional tacos by adding curry powder, black beans and salsa to ground turkey filling. "This is simple, economical and very tasty," she writes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa, taco seasoning
- and curry powder; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with
- lettuce. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 510 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.