In Covington, Kentucky, Peggy Bailey gives a twist to traditional tacos by adding curry powder, black beans and salsa to ground turkey filling. "This is simple, economical and very tasty," she writes.
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, salsa, taco seasoning and curry powder; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with lettuce. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.
Originally published as Curried Turkey Tacos in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p43
Reviews for Curried Turkey Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review