This colorful soup is a delight to serve the day after Thanksgiving. Best of all, it comes together in the slow cooker, allowing you some time to get a head start on your holiday shopping. —Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Mix flour and apple juice until smooth; stir into soup. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Add turkey; heat through. Stir in rice. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Curried Turkey Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p120
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Curried Turkey Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review