Curried Turkey Soup Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or additional chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Combine the first ten ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Mix flour and apple juice until smooth; stir into soup. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- 2. Stir in turkey; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/2 cups soup with 1/2 cup rice equals 314 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,096 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Curried Turkey Soup
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.