Curried Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the turkey, water chestnuts and almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, curry powder, paprika, basil and broth until blended; stir into skillet. Stir in pineapple and pimientos. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture (calculated without rice) equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 2 fat.