Doris DeSousa of Lakeview, Arkansas puts leftover turkey to delicious use in this pretty stir-fry with crunchy veggies in a sweet curry sauce.
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the turkey, water chestnuts and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, curry powder, paprika, basil and broth until blended; stir into skillet. Stir in pineapple and pimientos. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Curried Turkey Skillet in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p64
Reviews for Curried Turkey Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review