- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, celery and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the turkey, water chestnuts and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, curry powder, paprika, basil and broth until blended; stir into skillet. Stir in pineapple and pimientos. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Curried Turkey Skillet
Sort By :
Thought this was a nice, different kind of meal for us. I had never added a fruit to a meat dish, so I was really surprised how much I liked it! I did double this because we have a family of four, and I used cippoline onions because there were no green onions at the store (weird). But the substitute worked absolutely fine. Was slightly spicy, but not too bad. I used the smaller measurement on the curry. Good and healthy and will definitely make again!