In East Alton, Illinois, Jo Crouch blends leftover turkey with grapes, peanuts and celery, then ties it together with a creamy curry dressing. The colorful combination's great for a light lunch or dinner.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, grapes and celery. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and sugar if desired. Pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the peanuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Curried Turkey Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p43