Curried Turkey for Two Recipe
With a tossed green salad and fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy, delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus—it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.—Evelyn Gunn, Andrews, Texas
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 430 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1014mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 47g protein .
Reviews for Curried Turkey for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC