Curried Turkey Recipe
With a tossed green salad and some fresh hot rolls, this dish makes an easy delicious meal! You'll like how the apple and curry flavors accent the meal. Here's another bonus - it's a good way to use up leftover turkey from holiday dinners.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until bouillon is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute apples and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk mixture and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Curried Turkey in Country Extra March 1994, p49
Reviews for Curried Turkey(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
I added 2 garlic cloves and some crushed red pepper to add flavor.