Curried Tuna Sandwiches
If you're looking for a change from traditional tuna sandwiches, try this recipe I developed. It includes my favorite ingredients from a few different tuna salad recipes, including apples, raisins and curry. The first time I combined them, I loved the results!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
- Additional mayonnaise, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; add tuna and mix
- well. Spread rolls with additional mayonnaise if desired; top each
- with 1/2 cup tuna mixture and lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with low-sodium tuna and fat-free mayonnaise; calculated without roll) equals 170 calories, 375 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.