Curried Tuna Melt Recipe
An old-fashioned favorite is updated with curry powder and raisins. Your family will be delighted to see these open-faced sandwiches make an appearance on your table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, onions, raisins, lemon juice, salt and curry powder. Spread about 1/4 cup on each muffin half; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC