An old-fashioned favorite is updated with curry powder and raisins. Your family will be delighted to see these open-faced sandwiches make an appearance on your table.
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, onions, raisins, lemon juice, salt and curry powder. Spread about 1/4 cup on each muffin half; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Tuna Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p89
Reviews for Curried Tuna Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2012
"I've learned that I'm not be such a fan of curry... it was OK."