An old-fashioned favorite is updated with curry powder and raisins. Your family will be delighted to see these open-faced sandwiches make an appearance on your table.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, celery, mayonnaise, onions, raisins, lemon juice, salt and curry powder. Spread about 1/4 cup on each muffin half; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Tuna Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p89
Reviews for Curried Tuna Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2012
"I've learned that I'm not be such a fan of curry... it was OK."