Curried Tropical Nut Mix
This nutty concoction is an easy, make-at-home food gift. It will spice up the snack table at any party. Good luck keeping the bowl filled.Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
22 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds. Add the almonds,
- cashews, peanuts and coconut; toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned,
- stirring after each minute. Add mangoes. Spread onto waxed paper to
- cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 280 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as