- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried mangoes, chopped
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds. Add the almonds, cashews, peanuts and coconut; toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned, stirring after each minute. Add mangoes. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Curried Tropical Nut Mix in Country Woman October/November 2011, p33
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Curried Tropical Nut Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review