Curried Tofu with Rice
Tofu takes the place of meat in this bold dish with lots of curry and cilantro flavor. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated
- with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove
- and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5
- minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat
- through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup tofu mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 240 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 540 mg sodium,