- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curried Tofu with Rice
Sort By :
"This was very good!! I left the tofu/vegetables in when adding the coconut milk for flavor (I used almond milk). I also doubled the seasoning/curry powder/garlic. Instead of salt I used garlic salt seasoning. I mixed part rice/part couscous for variety. I also definitely had more than one serving..."
"Love this recipe! I added a few mushrooms, chick peas, a little siracha and ate it w brown basmati rice. It was delicious. I can't wait to have it again!"
"Overall it was good. Thanks."
"Awesome dish, I did increase the curry paste to taste."
"Love this recipe, has become a staple. I usually add a can of chickpeas and cut the rice in half to add more protein & they go great with the curry flavor. I've never cooked with coconut milk prior to this, so was concerned, but it is sooooo good!"