- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curried Tofu with Rice(9)
Sort By :
Overall it was good. Thanks.
Awesome dish, I did increase the curry paste to taste.
Love this recipe, has become a staple. I usually add a can of chickpeas and cut the rice in half to add more protein & they go great with the curry flavor. I've never cooked with coconut milk prior to this, so was concerned, but it is sooooo good!
great curry, would be great with chicken too!
I added mushrooms and more garlic, a little salty, I'll use less next time. Its much better than the usual tofu sandwhiches I make.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >