- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Curried Tofu with Rice
Sort By :
Love this recipe! I added a few mushrooms, chick peas, a little siracha and ate it w brown basmati rice. It was delicious. I can't wait to have it again!
Overall it was good. Thanks.
Awesome dish, I did increase the curry paste to taste.
Love this recipe, has become a staple. I usually add a can of chickpeas and cut the rice in half to add more protein & they go great with the curry flavor. I've never cooked with coconut milk prior to this, so was concerned, but it is sooooo good!
great curry, would be great with chicken too!